[HamWAN PSDR] Updated Client Hardware Recommendations?

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Tue Oct 4 11:07:50 PDT 2016

Don,

I put together this comparison table a few months ago:
http://hamwan.org/Standards/Component%20Engineering/Client%20Hardware.html

The LHG-5nD and RB911G-5HPnD-QRT (QRT-5) are both good options if you
don't need maximum antenna gain.

For more gain, an option that isn't listed on that page (though a very
similar one from Arc is) is Mikrotik's mANT30 dish. I just picked up
one of these:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00MG4U8H8/
Couple that with a BaseBox5:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GA0DMDQ/

If you give me your location I can give you a better idea of how much
antenna gain you'll need.

Tom KD7LXL