[HamWAN PSDR] Antennas Mounted Indoors?

Grace B Thomson gracebt at eskimo.com
Sun Apr 23 13:24:42 PDT 2017

Hello,

I live on the 5th floor of an apartment building in Belltown (98121)
with windows facing Southwest. I am on 3rd Avenue, so there are
buildings facing me, but I have a clear shot across the Sound to the WNW.

I wonder if anyone can advise me regarding an antenna that might work
mounted indoors (near the window) that has a good chance of working
well. Unfortunately, the building does not allow anything to be mounted
outside, so I am limited in this regard.

Would it be better to have a device separate from the antenna (Metal
5SHPn for example), or a unit with an antenna built in?

If You think an indoor solution is possible, Can You suggest some of the
best hardware configuration alternatives. I am on a fixed income, so I
am looking for an economic solution to start out with. If it looks like
it is possible, I would like to purchase equipment and get this working
within the next month or so.

Thank You in advance for any thought or advice that You may have.

Regards.

73
-Grace
KC0BTM