[HamWAN PSDR] Fwd: HamWan in Point Roberts

Chris S. Munz-Michielin christopher at ve7alb.ca
Fri Feb 24 14:29:52 PST 2017

Hi Kelly,

As far as I know there's no HamWAN site on Orcus Island yet (although I
think there has been some discussion about a potential site there in
future), however, we are planning some expansion of the BC extension of
HamWAN PSDR, which would provide coverage to Point Roberts.

Ideally, we're hoping to deploy a full cell site on South Saltspring
island, which would link back to our existing Langford site (just west
of Victoria) and possibly to the BC Lower Mainland as well.  The site
we're looking at on Saltspring is in grid square CN88GR and has good
line of sight to Point Roberts.

We have a lot of work to do before the site becomes live (starting with
constructing a building) but we're optimistic about having something on
the air towards the summer of this year.  Stay tuned!  I'll be sure to
post some updates as things get rolling!

Cheers & 73,
Chris