[HamWAN PSDR] Open Peering Policy now supports Dynamic IPs

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Fri Mar 17 18:15:18 PDT 2017

Hello,

If you want to use OPP but you're on a dynamic IP, we've now put
together a system to support that.  It's not the best, in that changes
will still take a couple minutes, but it's far better than the manual
process we were doing before.  To get yourself setup, follow this link:

http://hamwan.org/Labs/Open%20Peering%20Policy.html#optionally-configure-dynamic-ip-support

And just let netops at hamwan.org know what hostname you'd like us to track
for your OPP account.

The proper solution here is to re-implement the OPP server side on
Linux, then dig through 50,000 lines of C code and make modifications to
Racoon's peer selection algorithm.  We'll probably do this one day, but
that day is not today.

Enjoy,