[HamWAN PSDR] New Mikrotik Vulnerability

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Mon Apr 23 09:29:41 PDT 2018

Hello All,

We’ve become aware of a new vulnerability on the Mikrotik devices that could allow an attacker to grab passwords off of the devices. We believe at this point that we are insulated from this attack as we block WinBox access at our edges, however we would highly recommend that you upgrade your devices as soon as possible to be sure.

More information about this vulnerability, as well as what versions are impacted, and what the patched version numbers are, are available from Mikrotik here: https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=133533 <https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=133533>

Thanks,
Nigel