[HamWAN PSDR] Current Site / project status?

Kenny Richards richark at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 10:12:52 PDT 2018

Second proposed site: Gig Harbor @ old AT&T Microwave site
(47.3938092,-122.5867653)

   1. Is this site still an active HamWAN goal/project? *Should be
   considered proposed until additional follow up is completed.*
   2. Who is the HamWAN point person / contact? (name, call, phone,
email) *Kenny
   Richards, KU7M, kenny at holenwall.com <kenny at holenwall.com>*
   3. Who is the Site / interested party contact? (name, call phone,
email) *Wayne
   Shones, AF7WE, AF7WE at outlook.com <AF7WE at outlook.com>*
   4. What is the current status of implementing HamWAN at this location,
   if known? *I was contacted by AF7WE in mid-July after one of my HamWAN
   presentations. His group now has full access to the site and plans to
   install a repeater(s) at it for their local club. They offered it as a
   possible HamWAN site. I was going to arrange a site visit in the fall,
   since installation could happen during the non-summer months.*
   5. Who is funding the equipment for this site? *Unknown at this time.*
   6. When does local site access become restricted by weather? *No*
   7. What other locations and/or projects are on-hold until this site is
   done? *None that I know of for now.*
   8. If you are a site owner/sponsor, do you have tower climbers for this
   site or are they available?  *I don't believe professional climbers are
   necessary, but this is a 'technical' climb. The tower is ~160 feet tall and
   the ham projects will be the only things on the tower. The Gig Harbor group
   was still working on installing power and a connex box for hosting
   equipment, so there isn't a big rush. *

General question to the group, does this site even make sense to invest in?