[HamWAN PSDR] Local Rings vs System Ring

Jamie Hughes wa7jh at outlook.com
Sun Jul 15 14:49:03 PDT 2018

Good afternoon,

Since there is some chatter about support emergency communications stuff, I'd like to ask some questions as well.

Would it make sense to build a small "private" ring that then has a few connection points to a few "cell" sites? IN other words, create a private ring, between all the locations my team needs, and then at a few of those sites, hoping on to the Ham Wan.

The goal would be to use all HAM WAN Routing, but remaining in the local ring unless we needed to route externally.

Thanks,

Jamie Hughes
WA7JH