[HamWAN PSDR] City of Kirkland

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Sun Jul 15 21:22:10 PDT 2018

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 8:20 PM Carl <carl at n7kuw.com> wrote:

> Josh,
>

> I agree with the recommendation by Tom Hayward for the mANT30 antenna with
> RB912.  You can add (or not add) a radome to that. The radome can help
> reduce interference with a second dish if you end up setting up two links.
> You may or may not find it more aesthetically acceptable with the radome, a
> matter of personal preference – but that might be a factor in getting your
> City to accept it.

Note that there are radomes available with and without shielding. The
shielding is the piece that helps reduce interference, and so the normal
radome without shielding will not help reduce interference.

Radome: https://mikrotik.com/product/MTRADC
Radome with shielding: https://mikrotik.com/product/Sleeve30

We use the mANT30 PA with Sleeve30 at a number of mountaintop sites.

> When ordering the routerboard, you need to be very careful to make certain
> you order the international version.

Since there is only one version of the RB912UAG-5HPnD-OUT, you won't need
to worry about getting a US vs INTL version. This only starts to become an
issue with some of the newer models.

Tom