[HamWAN PSDR] Tukwila Edge Decommission & Gold Mtn Status

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Thu Mar 8 11:43:41 PST 2018

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to send out a quick general update on the network.

We’ve seen some intermittent issues up at Gold over the last few weeks. We believe this is a hardware issue and have plans on fixing it up when we can next get up to the site. In the meantime, please be aware that if you’re connected to gold, you may see periods where there is no signal or no connectivity. Hopefully we’ll be able to get this sorted out soon.

For the last three years we’ve been graciously sponsored by a local datacenter facility in Tukwila to host one of our edge sites. This site provided a redundant paths to and from the internet at large, and redundant radio links to Baldi and East Tiger. They’ve recently come under new management and unfortunately have decided they can no longer support us, so we are in the process of removing our gear. None of the network was singularly reliant on this facility, so there’s no outage at this point. We’d like to thank them for supporting us over the past three years, and we’ll be working to return some of the redundancy this facility provided to the network as we find good sites to place it.

Thanks all!

Nigel