[HamWAN PSDR] Larch Mnt [N7DOD]

Scott J. Burrows sburrows97211 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 12:42:12 PDT 2018

Hello,

I have been successful in connecting the Mikrotik QRT-5 RB911G-5HPacD-QRT
(client node) to the Larch Mountain sector antenna.  The next step in my quest
is to design, test, and implement a network infrastructure containing client
nodes, sector nodes, and uplinks (PtP) to Larch Mountain. The terrain at my QTH
has many hills, buttes, and obstacles that interfere with direct reception and
transmission to Larch Mountain.

The main objective for this project is to select and configure client nodes,
sector nodes, and uplink nodes in a mesh type setup for our area.  Most of the
people in my area would like to use the HamWAN network for ECOMM and portable
use.  This may require us to be creative and flexible in our approach.

I attend regularly the Clark County Digital Group in Vancouver, WA.  They have
many amazing people interested in this HamWAN topic.  I would like to find a
contact in Seattle to mentor this effort, as some of the configurations may
need to be modified to accommodate this implementation.  I have purchased the
following equipment

---
New Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail replacement - get it here:
https://www.oeclassic.com/

to configure, test, deploy, and certify (if required).

Client Nodes:

 - Mikrotik QRT-5 RB911G-5HPacD-QRT (International)

 - Mikrotik SXTsq Lite5 (International)

Sector Nodes:

 - Mikrotik BaseBox 5 RB912UAG-5HPnD-OUT 5GHz Outdoor Wireless AP

 - MikroTik mANT 19s Dual-Polarized Antenna

Point-to-Point (PtP) Nodes:

 - Mikrotik LHG 5 RBLHGG-5acD ((International)

 - Mikrotik DynaDish 5 5Ghz RBDynaDishG-5HacD (International)

Scott, N7DID