[HamWAN PSDR] (no subject)

Doug Collinge doug.collinge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 11:30:16 PDT 2019

I want to join HamWAN so I checked into the recommended hardware, the
MikroTik RBMetal5SHPn. It is no longer available from my supplier and seems
to have been discontinued by the manufacturer. My supplier recommended the
MikroTik RBMetalG-52SHPacn as a replacement.

The RBMetal5SHPn seems to be very well suited to the application. Should I
make an effort to find remaindered stock?

The RBMetalG-52SHPacn is slightly more expensive but would also be good, if
it works. I have heard rumours... Should I expect this unit to work?
Does anyone out there have experience with it?

MikroTik also has a line of "Groove" weatherproof routers. Is any one of
these suitable? Lower cost but also lower transmit power.

I'm in Victoria, if that is somehow relevant. No issues with getting the
"international" versions, anyway!