[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN Minecraft?

Stephen Kangas stephen at kangas.com
Sun Sep 27 10:15:36 PDT 2020

I don’t interpret Part 97 excluding gaming applications.  Amateur radio has long been a hobby (entertainment is core to most hobbies), informal social interactions (which Minecraft along with other interactive games and rag-chewing is certainly a method for that), advancing the radio art (experimentation for new applications/usages, and I for one haven’t yet heard of Minecraft being done over the air), and it’s yet another digital application in the trend of amateur radio moving quickly towards digital (I see opportunity for propagation modeling, remote control radios, and other modeling being done in a sim-world like Minecraft, Hamsphere style).  This is fully compatible with Part 97 IMO.

Stephen W9SK