[PSDR] HamWAN has filed for non-profit corporation status!

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Wed Oct 10 23:05:35 PDT 2012

Hello,

A little update for everyone.

HamWAN has just filed all the paperwork to operate as a non-profit
corporation in Washington state.  Processing time is 2-3 days. After
being approved we'll obtain a bank & PayPal account for the company, and
then proceed with the 501(c)(3) paperwork so that contribution matching
can be leveraged.  The 501(c)(3) process will take a minimum of 60 days,
but it will not be a blocker to progress.  Donations can be accepted as
soon as the financial details are setup.

On the technical side of things, a more realistic physical network map
has been published on the PSDR wiki page:

https://www.hamwan.org/t/tiki-index.php?page=Puget+Sound+Data+Ring&structure=HamWAN

The links to Canada represent peering points with the existing amateur
radio network up there, called BCWARN.net.

I'm trying to secure some time on 6GHz measurement gear this week to
gauge the relative performance of a couple sector antenna candidates I
have in stock here now.

Research also continues on MPLS-TE/OSPF-TE, with the goal being the
creation of a lab environment which successfully demonstrates those
routing protocols doing the proper things under various network load
conditions.

Cougar Mountain continues to be pursued as the first node to be setup on
the air.

Verification of Ethernet switch candidate has completed and the
suggested hardware passed all requirements.

Would anyone like to suggest some good switched network PDU hardware?
The whole Component Engineering
<https://www.hamwan.org/t/tiki-index.php?page=Component+Engineering&structure=HamWAN>
section of the website needs some group input/research.

Ever onward,