[HamWAN PSDR] What are you talking about?

KL7WM at aol.com KL7WM at aol.com
Wed Dec 25 10:16:46 PST 2013

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said

"I wanted
a 10 inch blueberry Ice Cream pie or Jelly Bean
with a Wifi Raspberry pie and a MicroTik on my pogo with 1 TG Touro  USB
3.0 cloud
and a cat 6 poe into a Ubiquite's titanium 2M or 5.8  bullet
into the NW mesh network so I can access the high ring HanWan  link for
Internet."

I told her we could get all this for under $400 and she said "What  are you
talking about?"

I tried to explain that I was the President of a high tech amateur radio
club and all the guys in the digital committee were doing this. but she  just
kept shaking her head.

Is the problem a technological diversion or that I didn't  properly prepare
her for this technological jump or timing?  I asked  for my Christmas
present when my wife was talking her sister in South  Carolina, on her IPad mini
with "face time".  Her sister retorted  a responds by saying, "I didn't
understand a thing he  said. We just got electric lights and in-door plumbing
last  year."

Well, it still has been a good Christmas.  I'm eating coal  dark chocolate
triangles from my stocking as I write this email from my new  Note 3.  I
still don't have my cloud up.

Daniel Stevens, KL7WM
President FWARC