[HamWAN PSDR] Recently connected... Now being attacked?

Jason Maher jason at jmaher.org
Sun Dec 29 12:21:17 PST 2013

Hi folks,

I have recently connected to the PSDR from my QTH in Suquamish via the
Capital Park node. My Metal 5SHPN is fed from a Puynting 31dBi Grid
antenna. I have a 16.2 Mbps connection at 21.4 Kilometers!

My concern is that it appears that someone is attempting to log into my
router as root via SSH. There are multiple log entries every day citing
"login failures". A whois on any of the IPs show up as originating from
China.

A few examples:

58.215.56.110
120.105.81.190
49.203.248.133
202.119.236.121
95.211.8.134

I have applied the suggested scripts to blacklist an IP after several
failed attempts. I also have a hardware firewall between the router and
my LAN.

Are these just normal internet hacking attempts from bots, or is there
something else going on?

Thanks!

--Jason
K7JMM