[HamWAN PSDR] system usage

Rob Salsgiver rob at quailsoftltd.net
Wed Feb 13 07:57:25 PST 2013

Short answer - I did read the mission <g>.

In this instance I had no knowledge of Seattle vs NW Mesh and looked up the
wrong one.

There are will still be the need to make ongoing distinctions though, and
your long answer even can create some situations where the line would be
blurred.   As an example - using hamWAN as an Internet survival backup for
amateur purposes is one thing - i.e. - during a disaster contacting another
ham or looking up information on a website.  Shopping via hamWAN on the
other hand, crosses the commerce line - i.e. - you can't order a pizza on
ham radio.

I see this as one of those ongoing conversations that will probably be more
of an issue as we get started than once things "firm up".   Once we start
having some demonstrated amateur  uses it will help illustrate the drawn
lines.

Rob