[HamWAN PSDR] MicroHAMS Digital Conference - March 23, 2013

Kenny Richards richark at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 21:12:16 PDT 2013

I just wanted to put out one final reminder for the MicroHAMS Digital
Conference, which is next Saturday.(3/23/13) I will be taking down the
registration page on Monday morning, at that point you'll need to register
at the door.

73,
Kenny, KU7M

Event information is available here: http://www.microhams.com/mhdc

(Here is the original announcement)

I'm happy to announce the six annual MicroHAMS Digital Conference! The
event is scheduled for March 23, 2013 and will again be held on the
Microsoft campus, located in Redmond, WA. The agenda this year is a little
different then previous years, rather then covering a wide variety of
topics, it is focus on digital networking.

We have talks about two local efforts which are currently underway and are
leveraging off the shelf wireless networking technology for Amateur radio.
The NW-MESH effort is a spin-off of the ARRL HSMM program, which has been
getting lots of traction the last couple months. The HamWAN project is
attempting to provide a high speed wireless backbone for the greater
Seattle area and we'll get an update on its status. Additionally the guys
from NWDigitalRadio will be back to give us an update on the very cool
UDK56K digital transceiver, which was one of the coolest things announced
at Dayton last year. (And we got a sneak peak at MHDC last year) Finally
we'll get a run down of interesting things you can do with the Raspberry
Pi, which is being leveraged all over ham radio since its introduction last
year.

Because of space limitations and parking requirements on the Microsoft
campus, we are strongly suggesting pre-registering for the event.
Registration is $30.00 if done prior to the event and will be $35.00 at the
door. We have a web-based sign-up form (details below) and have arranged
pre-payment via the Paypal service. (No Paypal account is necessary) In
addition to the presentations, a demo area will be setup along side the
conference space and door prizes will be given away.

Event Details