[HamWAN PSDR] Hello

Rob Salsgiver rob at quailsoftltd.net
Tue May 7 08:35:21 PDT 2013

Right now what I have is a Yaesu G-5500 rotor with a FoxDelta ST2 interface.
I've been working on a VB app to do the basic setup and sending commands
receiving current location data from the rotor.  The command structure is
really quite simple - sending and receiving 1-3 character codes and position
data via a serial port.

At the moment I have it able to send a position command, move the rotor, and
read the position as it is moving.  The code is crude (crap), but it works.
My problem has been time.  I actually got some time to work on it last night
- (woo hoo!).    More sunshine = less programming time <g>.   Factor in work
+ teenagers + upcoming high school graduation + upcoming college graduation
+ a "honey do" list + farm and animals = Life as we know it (sigh, snivel,
whine - ok, done now)

I picked up an interface to read the GPIB data, but I either didn't read the
ad well enough or got switched - I haven't gone back and looked (irrelevant
now anyway).  The interface I got will work, it just needs to be setup on an
older OS, then it will work fine (no newer drivers) - either that or I go
buy a newer interface (and pay more attention this time).

If you have the time and capability to crank this out quicker (and make Bart
happy <g>), I'm more than willing to hand over the gear and let you have at
it!  I just want it back when all is said and done so I can eventually do
some satellite work.  If it doesn't it for some reason, I'll keep plugging
away at it and get it done as soon as  I can!

For anyone who's interested I've attached a manual for Yeasu's interface.
While it doesn't match the FoxDelta ST2, it has the command set listed in
the last few pages.  It also addresses some scan speed and other parameters
as well.

Cheers,

Rob