[HamWAN PSDR] Kitsap County Tests: Manchester, Fire Station 8

Daniel Ransom danra995 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 15:06:38 PDT 2014

Tests today from Fire Station 8 and Manchester Dock with the new Poynting antenna.

FS8 Simpson Training Tower:  no signals, water tower right in front of me.  Next step--negotiate for access to the water tower (already started).

Manchester Dock:  good signals from Baldi, Haystack, and from AE7SJ.

From Manchester on Colchester Dr. at Yukon Harbor Rd.

    -78 dB Haystack-S3/AE7SJ  (previous was -73 with Laird antenna and clear weather)

    no Baldi
    no Mirrormont

From Manchester at Manchester Dock  (end of Madrone Dr. E)

    -71 dB Haystack-S3/AE7SJ   70 degrees (over the south end of Bainbridge Island)
    -79 dB AE7SJ   70 degrees

    -72 dB N7FSP/Baldi-S3  160 degrees  (over the south end of Blake Island)
    -73 dB N7FSP/Baldi-S1  160 degrees

I am getting another (same) tripod, so I will have two setups:  one with Poynting antenna, and one with Laird antenna, for some A/B comparisons.

73 from Dan at K7MM