[HamWAN PSDR] director responsibilities

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 22:46:18 PST 2014

For those who haven't looked it up, here's the section on director duties
from the constitution:

*Article IV – Decisions*

Director decisions or actions which:
- impact HamWAN finances in excess of $100 USD
- or contractually obligate HamWAN in any way
- or are reasonably judged as significant
shall be announced to all public HamWAN mailing lists. Voting will be
considered complete 24 hours after the mailing list announcement of the
issue at hand. Decisions shall be rendered approved by a majority vote of
the Directors who voted. Directors unfamiliar with the issue at hand are
encouraged to abstain from voting. Non-Directors cannot cast votes,
although they can communicate with Directors to influence their votes on
issues.

Over the past year, I saw only a handful of votes cast by directors. Many
spending proposals were made and voted on by only Bart. I'd like to see the
next batch of directors take a more active role. Moreover, I hope that they
generally have a strong understanding of what they are voting on and can
justify their votes to the membership.

Tom KD7LXL