[HamWAN PSDR] DNS mapping

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:37:23 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 12:26 AM, Dean Gibson AE7Q <hamwan at ae7q.com> wrote:
>> addresses--I don't have a better idea for querying PTRs.
>
> I just did a search for "ae7q" to find mine ...

The reason I don't do that is because "ae7q" is found in the content
field of the PTR. Authorization to edit a PTR needs to come from the
name field (reversed IP address), where that IP address is allocated
to the logged in user. For example, your PTR could point to
"paine.44rf.net" and a search for "ae7q" wouldn't find it. A search
for the reverse of the IP address would find it, and that's working
for me, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. This is an edge
case, for sure.

Tom