[HamWAN PSDR] I need some help

Bob ke7jl at comcast.net
Wed Mar 5 08:54:20 PST 2014

I've learned a lot about networking in the last few days but I could not
find the magic configuration to get on the network from my computer.  So it
time for me to ask for help.

Here is where I think I am having problems:

In Winbox, /tool traceroute 8.8.8.8  and /ping google.com work, Thus I think
the problem is at Step 22.

-22. OPTIONAL: Integrate HamWAN routing into your LAN

Configure a Windows workstation to use your new modem

route ADD 44.0.0.0 MASK 255.0.0.0 <ether1 IP of your modem>

I assume that it is referring to Internet Protocol Version 4(TCO/IPv4)
Properties window.  When set to Obtain an IP address automatically,
ipconfig replies:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::a46d:acad:f85d:c8b%8

   Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.12.139

   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

When I have tried various fixed addresses and subnet masks, cannot seem to
get anything to work.

Is there something I missed in the router or on the computer?

March 5 9:50: I am on ICR.

Bob KE7JL