[HamWAN PSDR] FYI: Firmware info

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.net
Sat Mar 15 11:02:25 PDT 2014

FYI:  I of course followed the instructions to upgrade the OS to v6.1
before I did anything.  However, when I clicked on "RouterBoard" in
WinBox, I found that I was running firmware (which is of course
"different") v3.02, and v3.12 was available.  I did the upgrade (no
separate download needed), with no observable effects.

*I sure wish* this thing had a decent scheme to get the date/time from
somewhere.  Even a reboot (required by the firmware upgrade), resets the
clock.  I may try my hand at a script, but without setting the clock on
each boot, the log timestamps are completely useless.  Not to mention
that the log appears to be cleared on each boot.  Ugh.  I think there's
a way to send the log transactions to a server, and that will be useful ...

Gotta go, be back this evening ...