[HamWAN PSDR] 5.8 GHz patch antenna info?

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:29:13 PDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If small form factor is your primary requirement, I'd be inclined to get something from the SXT series:
>> http://routerboard.com/RBSXT5HPnD
>
> Those look excellent and I want a couple.  I need six devices total
> for this experiment so there's lots of room to try different devices.
> The lack of RAM, only 32 MB in the SXT, wouldn't allow running MESH
> and Linux guest OS's but I have the 132 MB Groove to play with for
> that.

There are various SXT models. Some have more power than others. Some
have more RAM. Various antenna gains and beamwidth. Take some time to
peruse routerboard.com and decide which one will work best for your
application. I think the cheapest of the bunch is this one:
http://www.balticnetworks.com/mikrotik-rb-sxt-lite5-16dbi-5ghz-dual-polarity-cpe.html

Tom KD7LXL