[HamWAN PSDR] Kitsap County Tests: East Bremerton, West Bremerton, Silverdale

Daniel Ransom danra995 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 23:18:21 PDT 2014

I had good success thanks to Tom at KD7LXL.  Thanks for your help, Tom on 147.30 WB7DOB/R!

From East Bremerton (looking into downtown Seattle):
    -88 dB Haystack-S3/AE7SJ
    -79 dB N7FSP/Baldi-S3
    -81 dB N7FSP/Baldi-S1
    -81? db Mirrormont (didn't capture the data, but good signal)

From West Bremerton on the ground at Kitsap County EOC (looking into trees):
    -79 dB Haystack-S3/AE7SJ
I need to get above the vegetation.

From West Bremerton on Lansing St. N (other side of the trees--looking at Bainbridge and Port Orchard):
    -77 dB Haystack-S3/AE7SJ
    -82 dB N7FSP/Baldi-S3
    -85 dB N7FSP/Baldi-S1
    no Mirrormont
We will have good signals to Baldi and Haystack.

From Silverdale (red spot on coverage prediction at Ridgetop Rd.)
    no signals (lots of vegetation to the east and south)
I need to get above the vegetation.

No Capitol Park.

I will do Port Orchard Fire Station 8 (Kitsap County Alternate EOC, KD7WDJ) tomorrow.  I will revisit Manchester and list the stations I received.

73 from Dan at K7MM