[HamWAN PSDR] Services

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:53:27 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Steve <stevewa206 at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing I have discovered is if you build it, sometimes they do NOT come.
>
> First you have to have a need, business case, what ever you want to call it.
> Services running etc?

I keep hearing this, "services," but what does it mean?

A friend put up a repeater on 2 meters. All it does it retransmit what
it hears--it's not even linked to anything--and it still seems to
attract rag-chewers who test the repeater's heat dissipation
capabilities all day long (If they just used their cell phone, or SIP
phones on HamWAN, I wouldn't have to listen to them). No need, no
business case, and it's still transmitting all day long.

Tom