[HamWAN PSDR] DNS mapping

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri May 16 08:22:40 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Dean Gibson AE7Q <hamwan at ae7q.com> wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> OK, now I need to "reinstate" my LoTW cert (actually, apply for a new one)

If you still have the username/password or email address (to receive a
password reset), getting a new one signed is really fast. The slow
part of the process is receiving the postcard in the mail, which you
shouldn't have to do again.

We'll eventually support our own HamWAN certificate authority. ARRL
was the first popular certificate authority to embed callsigns in the
certificates. They put the callsign under "1.3.6.1.4.1.12348.1.1". We
plan to release some instructions for generating a certificate and
certificate signing request with your callsign embedded at that
location. Then we'll sign certificates after verifying your license.
It's very convenient that the ARRL already does this for us, for free.

Tom KD7LXL