[HamWAN PSDR] KU7M and his dBm

Kenny Richards richark at gmail.com
Thu May 22 13:03:07 PDT 2014

Bart,

>Would you like some tower climbing / install help?  That's some crazy
uptilt on the antenna picture you showed!

​Thank you for the offer, but I think it can wait until I'm healed. This
was 'minor' knee surgery and I should be back to working out in six weeks,
so I'm sure climbing the tower will be doable by then. We are at the very
beginning of tower climbing season....

The crazy uptilt required was the source of most of my headaches. From that
exact location, I will hear nothing with the antenna at the normal 'level'
mount point. You need to tilt it up about five degrees or more before CP
will register.  It never occurred to me that it would have that big of
impact.  Microwaves are weird....

Thanks
Kenny