[HamWAN PSDR] Fwd: [wl2k--emcomm] High speed network, Winlink products

Griff griff at thehamlins.org
Wed Jan 21 16:41:36 PST 2015

For a 100kbps link on 70cm, check out the inexpensive ($25) "moteino"
digital 70cm transceiver at http://lowpowerlab.com". These have only a
0.1 watt FSK transmitter, with settable data rates between about 9600bps
and 600kbps, using signal bandwidths from about 10khz to 600khz. I see a
range at 70kbps of about 1/4 mile between two mobile antennas. For
longer range, I will soon receive an inexpensive ($50) Chinese 3 to 5
watt power amplifier. Search ebay.com for " 433mhz fsk radio  amplifier
3-5W" and you'll see them. There is also an inexpensive 7-watt power
amplifier from  http://www.minikits.com.au/70cm-7W-Amplifier. There is
also a more expensive ($215) 30 watt amplifier, 7025PA, from
Down East Microwave
(http://fwfvq.tehfm.servertrust.com/category-s/1836.htm). Down East
Microwave engineer says it should work fine with FSK, but I haven't
tried it.

Griff W5VWP