[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: Gold Mtn uplink dish

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Thu Jul 23 12:24:03 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Rob Salsgiver <rob at nr3o.com> wrote:
> Gotcha... I just saw "vote" in the title of the email and the brain ran from there...

There's a simple (well, not really that simple) explanation for that.
HamWAN's constitution stipulates that votes for spending must be in
the form of an email to this mailing list. Recently we were made aware
of a Washington state law that requires board members be able to hear
each other's votes. To satisfy both requirements, you'll see an email
like this one announcing a vote, and later the board will hold a
conference call to formally approve the spending. Eventually HamWAN's
constitution will be updated in accordance with the law.

Tom