[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: 900MHz service experiment

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Fri Mar 6 12:45:32 PST 2015

On 3/6/15 2:05 PM, Bryan Fields wrote:
> Bart, they are only viable as second hand items. It was the first gen wisp
> gear circa 2002, And they can't give the away on eBay. 2mhz channel and gfsk
> modulation, about 1.6 mbit/s. Gfsk can use a class c amp too....

They are all over, ebay has them for 15 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alvarion-SU-I-D-1D-900-890016-BreezeAccess-900MHz-Wireless-Radio-8145-/310419739387?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48467552fb

These can be converted to AU's (AP's) with a simple jumper mod, and even set
to 1mhz bandwidth too if need be.  They put out 27 dBm which is quite good for
900 mhz.  With a small outdoor box you have a nice mast mount AP.

I've attached a system manual on them if you're interested.

> I can see if I have a contact for OAL when i get home. I can't stress enough
> how H pol will make a difference for you, or at least did for me.

http://www.hamtv.com/oal.html
http://www.hamtv.com/wheel.html

I was paying $500 for the commercial version of this, it was about 10dbi at
900mhz.  They came in a 4' long 12" PVC pipe radome that accepted a 1.5" pipe
at the end.

Couple this with a M2 17dbi client antenna and you get some nice range.
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
727-214-2508 - Fax