[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: 900MHz service experiment

John D. Hays john at hays.org
Fri Mar 6 11:10:46 PST 2015

Just as a point of reference, we tried a 900 Mhz  pTp link from East Gold
(WD7STR, now off the air) to WA7DAD's QTH.  It was about 22 miles, as I
recall, using yagi's at each end.

The band was surprisingly quiet on Gold and we would see 'blips' of
connectivity using lower bitrates (1 Mhz. as I remember).

Certainly worth a try.  It might even work between my QTH and Paine Field,
where 5.9 Ghz is unlikely.

--

John D. Hays

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223