[HamWAN PSDR] Amazon Fade

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Thu Oct 1 15:48:27 PDT 2015

Hello,

We've discovered a new mode of attenuation we're calling Amazon Fade.
It's clearly visible in this signal strength graph:

Amazon Fade

On Sept 28th, Amazon finished constructing a piece of steel member that
is right in the middle of our signal between the Westin building and the
Queen Anne site.

The chunk of steel is towards the right of the building being
constructed here, on the far side.  Our Queen Anne site is directly
behind it on the horizon.

This webcam was setup specifically to monitor for the impact of this
event, and I'm pleased to see the data come in.  One other interesting
this from this experiment is that the signal didn't fade at all as the
floors were being built.  Our signal shot clear in between them.  It was
only when that vertical riser was put in place that we measured an impact.

I'll keep everyone updated on any future signal changes in our
continuing study of Amazon Fade.  :)