[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: Gold Mtn equipment purchase

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Wed Oct 7 21:33:47 PDT 2015

Hello,

We've installed a successful link from the supremely well connected
Westin building to Gold Mtn <http://hamwan.org/t/Gold?structure=HamWAN>.
The transfer speeds haven't been optimized yet, but initial testing
shows about 40Mbit Westin->Gold and about 15Mbit Gold->Westin.  There is
a visit scheduled to the Westin for this Friday to tweak the alignment
of that antenna and optimize the link.  The existing speeds are good
enough though to consider building the site out as a full cell, with PtP
redistribution.  To that end, here is the list of hardware we're going
to need:

*Description**
* 	*Price**
* 	*Qty**
* 	*Subtotal**
*
APC AP7900 PDU @ eBay
	$129.99
	1
	$129.99
eBay shipping
	$0.00
	1
	$0.00
ARC-DA5830SD1 2ft MIMO Dish @ Microcom
	$99.99
	2
	$199.98
Microcom shipping
	$60.44
	1
	$60.44
UDR235 RF Armor dish shielding @ RF Armor
	$129.95
	2
	$259.90
RF Armor shipping
	$35.97
	1
	$35.97
RB921UAGS-5SHPacD-NM 2W MIMO modem @ Streakwave
	$131.00
	2
	$262.00
Ubiquiti TC-Pro 1000ft CAT5 cable @ Streakwave
	$127.65
	1
	$127.65
Ubiquiti AM-5G19-120 Sector @ Streakwave 	$117.00
	2
	$234.00
RB/GPOE Mirkotik power injector @ Streakwave
	$7.00
	1
	$7.00
Streakwave shipping
	$73.10
	1
	$73.10
MW-RPSMA-NM-1M RP-SMA Patch Cable @ Baltic
	$9.95
	4
	$39.80
RB912UAG-5HPnD modem @ Baltic
	$69.00
	3
	$207.00
Baltic shipping
	$13.53
	1
	$13.53
WaveGuard AM5G19 RF shield @ ISP Supplies 	$44.99
	2
	$89.98
RF Elements SBX-S-CC-2SMA shielding outdoor radio enclosure @ ISP
Supplies 	$35.90
	3
	$107.70
ISP Supplies shipping
	$20.71
	1
	$20.71
Ubiquiti AM-5G19-120 Sector @ Bart Kus
	$110.00
	1
	$110.00
WaveGuard AM5G19 RF shield @ Bart Kus
	$40.00
	1
	$40.00
Bart Kus shipping
	$0.00
	1
	$0.00
Misc mounting hardware (optional spend)
	$100.00
	1
	$100.00

GRAND TOTAL

	$2118.75

The core site router will be the RB2011 from Baldi that failed. We've
determined it works when powered from the PoE port, so we'll just feed
it that way.  There are RJ45 ends left over from the previous order, so
no need for those.  I'm deferring server purchase for this site to a
later date.

I've got 1 new-in-box sector and 1 new-in-box shield, so I'm selling
those to HamWAN in this order at a discounted price.  The total HamWAN
savings between the unit cost and shipping decrease is $27.79, and I get
to have less clutter in my lab.

The work party is scheduled for Oct 17th, and ground shipping will take
5 days, not counting any handling delays, so let's decide on this
quickly.  I should have put all this together a couple days back.