[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN PSDR Internet performance

David Giuliani David at Giuliani.org
Mon Apr 4 13:01:40 PDT 2016

Hi - I’m new to the PSDR, and could use some help getting my HamWAN connection going.  I installed a Poynting + Mikrotik Router Board system on my roof, and configured using the Wiki, no problems.  I’m getting strong signals between my QTH at north Mercer Island and the Capitol Park station:

Connected to ess, CapitolPark-S2/AE7SJ
nv2
Signal: -68dBm
SNR 51dB
Tx: 16.2Mbps, 96% ccq, 16.2Mbps
Rx: 16.2Mbps, 96% ccq, 16.2Mbps

However, I get sporadic Internet performance, measured using Speedtest.net.  Here are a few readings this morning:

ping    down  up
21ms   3.9      2.8
35ms   <0.1  stopped
77ms   0.27      0.46
42ms   2.0      0.1

I did check my cabling between the radio and the computer by substitution - no change.

Two things:
1.  Anybody have any suggestions? What data rate are others of you getting?
2.  Is there a place to go to get help on subjects like this?

Thanks,

WA6PXX, Mercer Island