[HamWAN PSDR] Kitsap County Gold Mountain HamWAN Attempts, Dish and Sector Antennas K7MM

Daniel Ransom danra995 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 18:12:49 PST 2016

Today I put up my new QRT5 MIMO panel (does MikroTik not know that QRT means to stop sending?!!!).  I have better signal strength at -80 dBm.  The signal strength on the Laird SA58-90-17-WB/Metal S5HPn has been slipping to around -84 dBm today.  So, by going MIMO, I got at least 3 dB better in actual signal strength on the QRT5--should it be more?.  Either the 3dB or the MIMO (or both) give me slightly better reliability on the QRT5, where the Worst times for the hops in the Tools > Traceroute display have less variance than on the sector/Metal combination.
Note:  it's easier to point the QRT5 with my two positioning down ropes (one on each side of the bottom corners).  The RSSI signal strength display is BIG.  I can position the panel with the ropes while peaking for the most bars.  It's like flying a kite or flying those U-line model airplanes (remember those)!

I have attached photos of the QRT5 panel hanging in the tree, and of the Winbox capture.
73 from Dan at K7MM