[HamWAN PSDR] Volunteers for Capitol Peak on May 28th? (Saturday)

liltodd65 liltodd65 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:29:17 PDT 2016

I am in Lake City surrounded by hills. Is there a map of stations I can access?

 	(Saturday) </div><div>
> My name is Todd Lilleness,KG7VRV. I am interested in equipment I need to
> participate with HamWAN. What is the range of this equipment? I  in Lake
> City,Seattle. Thank you for your help.

Range isn't really the right question to ask. The biggest limiting
factor is line of sight. Anything solid will block the signal, so for
the most part HamWAN only works when you can see the tower/mountain
it's on.

The coverage map here: https://hamwan.org/t/Coverage+Map shows areas
in red that are calculated to have line-of-sight to a HamWAN site from
an antenna located 30 ft above ground (typical 2-story building plus
mast height). Zoom in on Lake City to see what you might get. I can
help you with more detailed analysis if it looks promising.

Once you have line of sight, range is 100 km or so.

Tom KD7LXL