[HamWAN PSDR] Trying to set up a new connection

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Sat Jun 3 09:04:27 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:58 PM, Dave Stewart <dstewartgo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nope -- although I have an IP coming from Gold Mountain (apparently), my
> internet was coming from my local connection.  If I plug straight into the
> model over ethernet from my computer (instead of having the ethernet
> connected to my home internet router), I'm still not able to hit the net.

The basic instructions don't cover redistribution to your LAN. If you
just want to plug in directly, you can do this:
https://hamwan.org/Standards/Network%20Engineering/Client%20Node%20Configuration.html#integrating-hamwan-into-your-lan

And there's a link there to a page with some more complex schemes.

But back up a minute, there's something really odd with your
connection. You have a decent signal into Gold-S2, have a DHCP address
assigned, but can't be pinged. Did you set up some funky firewall
rules? Any deviation from the instructions?

Tom