[HamWAN PSDR] Trying to set up a new connection

Dave Stewart dstewartgo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 12:30:32 PDT 2017

The only instruction I skipped was this one (step 14), due to the fact that
every time I issue it, I lose connection to the modem I'm trying to set up
;-) ... the way I'm setting things up is by having a direct connection to
my laptop via an ethernet cable plugged into the modem (a MikroTek DynaDish
5):

/ip address
remove [find]

You might be having trouble pinging my site because I fussed around with it
and probably screwed it up.  I'm going to do a full reset and try again.

Here is the full script I use for setting things up.  I add the ssh keys
for remote logging later, when I can get a net connection (which only
happened once when I was accidently going through my home router):

/system identity set name=K7XST-Gold
/user set admin password=[redacted]
/user
add group=full name=eo password=JbLztDvlT7SRjPhv
add group=full name=NQ1E password=JbLztDvlT7SRjPhv
add group=full name=nigel password=JbLztDvlT7SRjPhv
add group=full name=osburn password=JbLztDvlT7SRjPhv
add group=full name=tom password=JbLztDvlT7SRjPhv
add group=full name=KG7OZZ password=JbLztDvlT7SRjPhv
add group=full name=ryan_turner password=JbLztDvlT7SRjPhv
add group=full name=ve7alb password=JbLztDvlT7SRjPhv
add group=read name=monitoring password=JbLztDvlT7SRjPhv
/system routerboard settings set boot-device=try-ethernet-once-then-nand
/system logging action set 3 bsd-syslog=no name=remote remote=44.24.244.8
remote-port=514 src-address=0.0.0.0 syslog-facility=daemon
syslog-severity=auto target=remote
/system logging add action=remote disabled=no prefix="" topics=info
/system logging add action=remote disabled=no prefix="" topics=warning
/system logging add action=remote disabled=no prefix="" topics=error
/snmp set enabled=yes contact="#HamWAN on irc.freenode.org"
/snmp community set name=hamwan addresses=44.24.240.0/20 read-access=yes
write-access=no numbers=0
/system ntp client set enabled=yes primary-ntp=44.24.244.4
secondary-ntp=44.24.245.4
/ip firewall filter remove [find dynamic=no]
/ip firewall mangle
add action=change-mss chain=output new-mss=1378 protocol=tcp tcp-flags=syn
tcp-mss=!0-1378
add action=change-mss chain=forward new-mss=1378 protocol=tcp tcp-flags=syn
tcp-mss=!0-1378
/ip dhcp-server
remove [find]
/ip dhcp-server network
remove [find]
/ip dns
set allow-remote-requests=no
/interface wireless channels
add band=5ghz-onlyn comment="Cell sites radiate this at 0 degrees (north)"
frequency=5920 list=HamWAN name=Sector1-5 width=5
add band=5ghz-onlyn comment="Cell sites radiate this at 120 degrees
(south-east)" frequency=5900 list=HamWAN name=Sector2-5 width=5
add band=5ghz-onlyn comment="Cell sites radiate this at 240 degrees
(south-west)" frequency=5880 list=HamWAN name=Sector3-5 width=5
add band=5ghz-onlyn comment="Cell sites radiate this at 0 degrees (north)"
frequency=5920 list=HamWAN name=Sector1-10 width=10
add band=5ghz-onlyn comment="Cell sites radiate this at 120 degrees
(south-east)" frequency=5900 list=HamWAN name=Sector2-10 width=10
add band=5ghz-onlyn comment="Cell sites radiate this at 240 degrees
(south-west)" frequency=5880 list=HamWAN name=Sector3-10 width=10
/interface wireless set 0 radio-name="K7XST/Ballard-Gold"
/snmp set location=47.677622,-122.404322
/interface wireless
set 0 disabled=no frequency-mode=superchannel band=5ghz-onlyn mode=station
scan-list=HamWAN ssid=HamWAN wireless-protocol=nv2
/ip dhcp-client
add add-default-route=yes dhcp-options=hostname,clientid disabled=no
interface=wlan1
/ip dhcp-client
add add-default-route=no use-peer-dns=no dhcp-options=hostname,clientid
disabled=no interface=ether1