[HamWAN PSDR] SnoDEM in much better shape now

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Thu Jun 28 18:13:37 PDT 2018

A big thanks to Erik and the crew he pulled together to help wrap up the
SnoDEM upgrade/repair work today!  You guys kept me fully busy on the
tower all day long, and we were able to get through every item on the
list.  Here's what was done today:

1) Gold dish upgraded with shield
2) ETiger dish upgraded with shield
3) Blyn dish upgraded with shield, and with MIMO modem
4) Haystack dish temporarily aligned @ Monroe for uplink (Haystack link
performance is poor due to that dish being aimed @ Victoria)
5) Lookout dish tilted down to a more reasonable angle
6) S1 rotated towards the east a bit more, to improve client signal coverage

This completes our shield installations for every modem up there. This
increased inter-modem isolation will improve overall site performance.
We had situations @ SnoDEM where we were interfering with ourselves due
to the close proximity of all the antennas and lack of shields.

The two new modems (Lookout + Blyn) will serve to connect those sites
when they're built out.

All the sectors could use longer bolts so that they grip the angle iron
better.  They're a bit off-angle (horizontally) right now.

Once again, thank you to all the volunteers today!  It was a very
successful day!