[HamWAN PSDR] New to HAMWAN (NE Portland)

David Haworth davidahaworth at icloud.com
Wed Sep 5 22:39:48 PDT 2018

Hi Tom,

Great web page.

> I wrote this article on the topic:
> https://hamwan.org/Administrative/Internet%20and%20Part%2097.html <https://hamwan.org/Administrative/Internet%20and%20Part%2097.html>

How do I determine if a program like iOS Face Time uses cryptography to obscure the video or audio.

In other words is it allowed or not allowed to use Face Time to talk to another amateur radio operator over HanWAN?

I assume it is not permitted to use Face Time to talk to a non ham even if I initiate the Face Time contact.

Note in WinLink it is ok to send and receive email a non ham because the radio session is controlled by the ham and not by the sender or software.

This would indicate most email and text messing is not allowed because the software is in control of sending you messages and you are not controlling the reception of email or text messages.

Climbing up the HamWAN learning curve.

73 David Haworth
http://www.stargazing.net/david/sdr/HamWAN.html#P4b <http://www.stargazing.net/david/sdr/HamWAN.html#P4b>

PS: WinLink has worked great on my portable QRT 5 rig.