[HamWAN PSDR] Certificate

B.J. Guillot bj.guillot at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:33:00 PDT 2018

Sorry again for the basic question...

Is the LoTW certificate only needed for the HamWAN admin portal, or is it
needed to utilize the HamWAN network itself? i.e., is using the HamWAN
admin portal actually needed for a client node setup?  (i.e., will a DHCP
connection work just fine, and is the portal just for static IP
assignment?)

I'm a bit unclear from the setup instructions on exactly what I'm supposed
to do with the certificate after installing it into the older Opera
browser.  I wasn't sure if I'm also supposed to install it somewhere into
the Mikrotik modem configuration.

When I try to go to the admin portal page I still get the "Uh oh, it looks
like there's something wrong with your certificate." error message even in
the older Opera 12.16 browser with 0-bit SSL for authentication enabled and
LoTW certificate imported (after removing the invalid root CA).  I don't
know if I need to first "register" the certificate with someone, or if the
portal will sense it's the first time I've tried to use that certificate
and automatically create a new account.

Regards,
Burt J. Guillot, N7CS