[HamWAN PSDR] Just subscribed

Kiernan Burr va6ip at live.com
Sun Aug 11 20:16:56 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Just subscribed to this list. A couple of locals here in Northern Alberta have been mulling around the idea of building an ametur radio based microwave IP network. Unfortunately we do not have the advantage of terrain here like you guys do, we do have access to some decent sites. Our vision for a system out here is two fold. 1 it would allow us to expand digital voice networks(D-Star, possibly DMR as there is some interest locally. 2 it would give us a network independent of public infrastructure(asides from power).

Thanks for your guys time.

Kiernan Burr
VA6IP
VP, Northern Alberta Radio Club (NARC)
Director, Southern Alberta Repeater Association (SARA)
Edmonton ARES AEC-Voice Comm/Voice Networking
C: 780 237 4619