[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN will be at the Mike & Key Flea Market March 9th

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Fri Feb 8 16:26:33 PST 2013

Awww, too bad about Rochester.  I should grab a tower section from you
soon.  This weekend maybe?

Alright, so 34dBi dish is ordered ($292 shipped).  Found a really
compelling 31dBi grid antenna
<http://www.titanwirelessonline.com/Poynting-5-8GHz-31dBi-Grid-p/at-30gr-58.htm>
for $95 shipped and ordered it.  It's a lot of gain for reasonable
money, and would make a great light weight client antenna.  Or a much
cheaper inter-site antenna when the extra 6dB of gain isn't needed
between sites. Found another really interesting sector antenna
<http://www.wifi-stock.com/details/airmax_16sec.html>.  And a really
cheap 27dBi grid antenna
<http://www.wifi-stock.com/details/pa27grid.html>.  Tacked those onto my
order of 5 5SHPN units, but it turns out wifi-stock.com is based in
Europe and they have a really weird ordering system.  You don't get to
choose shipping right on their website.  And they invoice you manually.
Hopefully this isn't a scam joint, and the marvels of modern shipping
make this quick.  It'll be $501+shipping, and ship out sometime next week.

And that is how you blow almost $1k, kids.  Stay in school! :)

--Bart