[HamWAN PSDR] system usage

KL7WM at aol.com KL7WM at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 22:32:27 PST 2013

But we can order pizza on our amateur radios.   I wouldn't go  much farther
then that though.

Daniel Stevens KL7WM

In a message dated 2/13/2013 7:57:32 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rob at quailsoftltd.net writes:

Short answer – I did read the  mission <g>.
In this instance I had no  knowledge of Seattle vs NW Mesh and looked up
the wrong  one.
There are will still be the  need to make ongoing distinctions though, and
your long answer even can create  some situations where the line would be
blurred.   As an example –  using hamWAN as an Internet survival backup for
amateur purposes is one thing  – i.e. – during a disaster contacting another
ham or looking up information on  a website.  Shopping via hamWAN on the
other hand, crosses the commerce  line – i.e. – you can’t order a pizza on ham
radio.
I see this as one of those  ongoing conversations that will probably be
more of an issue as we get started  than once things “firm up”.   Once we
start having some demonstrated  amateur  uses it will help illustrate the drawn
lines.
Rob