[HamWAN PSDR] Switching to the 10MHz frequency plan

Kenneth Tolliver ktolliver at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:27:59 PDT 2014

Shouldn't the 10 MHz Plan be bumped down by 5 MHz(or some other amount) to allow 5MHz as a Guard at the top of the Ham Band Plan? I don't know what is on the other side of 5.925GHz; but I'd assume it could be an issue to us. Has that been discussed before and I just missed it? Maybe just 1 or 2 MHz would be sufficient?

We are starting to move forward with the Portland HamWAN. While our frequencies don't have to be the same; it will be simpler if they are. At the ORRC meeting Sunday we discussed the 6cm Ham Band Plan. I am to give a report and recommendation at or before the next meeting. I'll follow your lead on which plan to use. On my initial request I had added the 5MHz for Guard at the upper edge.

73

Ken Tolliver

K7ICY

Portland HamWAN

FYI:

Your current HamWAN 10 MHz Plan

10MHz Sector Plan
        10MHz guarded 10MHz channels
CH        Low     Center       High    Bearing
 1      5.915      5.920      5.925          0
 2      5.895      5.900      5.905        120
 3      5.875      5.880      5.885        240

5.925 is the very top edge of the 6cm Ham Band.