[HamWAN PSDR] Switching to the 10MHz frequency plan

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:30:27 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Kenneth Tolliver
<ktolliver at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Shouldn't the 10 MHz Plan be bumped down by 5 MHz(or some other amount) to
> allow 5MHz as a Guard at the top of the Ham Band Plan? I don't know what is
> on the other side of 5.925GHz; but I'd assume it could be an issue to us.
> Has that been discussed before and I just missed it? Maybe just 1 or 2 MHz
> would be sufficient?

The guard bands were sized by testing. 10 MHz was decided on because
that was where throughput speeds were good even with 3 sectors
colocated.

There aren't going to be nearby transmitters on 5.926 GHz, so we have
no reason to bump the guard band down. We might as well use the full
ham band.

Tom KD7LXL