[HamWAN PSDR] Questions

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at k7nvh.com
Wed Mar 12 22:17:19 PDT 2014

Dean,

1. The frequency is somewhat of a "default" so to say, the channels defined are ones the modem will automatically look for, so it will connect to whichever it can find.
2. I don't use winbox, so I can't speak to that, but yes, /interface wireless scan 0 is how I run a scan. Maybe someone else can speak to winbox options.
3. In theory N connectors are weather sealed by the nature of their design. The antenna asks that you tape up the connector due to their attachment of the coax to the connector itself. I generally use a layer of Scotch 33 (good electrical tape), followed by a layer of Scotch 23 (Self fusing tape) or mastic, and followed by another outer layer of Scotch 33.

Nigel
K7NVH