[HamWAN PSDR] SeaPac 2014

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Sat May 24 20:58:46 PDT 2014

Is HamWAN exhibiting @ SeaPac this year?

Before you answer, note the following:

 1. I had been thinking of attending/exhibiting, but since other factors
    have delayed my getting a dual 5SHPn/small antenna setup, the end
    result was that I have no current plans to attend.  However, if
    HamWAN was exhibiting (or wanted to exhibit), I would go (at my own
    cost) if you wanted someone to man the table.
 2. It's not too late (two weeks away) to decide.  Last year I decided
    to exhibit *the weekend before* SeaPac, and got a table kitty-corner
    across from Icom. I had a "club" (non-profit) table for $50, which
    gave me a place to sit for the whole weekend and talk to interesting
    people.  Last year, I demoed two Icom D-Star radios sending data to
    each other (@ 1200 bps!) and each "connected" (via WiFi) to two
    Android tablets running Telnet;  this year, I wanted to demo
    something with a bit more speed ...
 3. I would prefer to not sit at a table and hand out flyers, but
    actually have working equipment with a working demo.  It doesn't
    have to not be a dumb demo;  people just want to see something that
    actually works.

-- Dean