[HamWAN PSDR] Metal 5SHPN Network Help

Kyle Burgess kd7iyt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 14:39:21 PST 2017

I am trying to figure out the best way to configure my Metal 5SHPn so it
acts like a bridge.  However, I want to try and do it in a way where it
won't disrupt the ability to remotely manage the radio (so the HamWAN team
can still access it if need be).

Ultimately, I would like to have the HamWAN assigned IP handed off to a
dedicated interface on my router, just like what your typical ISP would
do.  That way I can handle any additional routing or NAT via my router, and
not on the radio itself.

Any thoughts on the best way to go about that?  Would I just simply switch
the wireless mode from "station" to "station bridge"?  Or would there be
more involved to do that?

Regards,

Kyle Burgess